Sunday, February 27, 2011

Abigail's Reflection

Like what I mentioned earlier about our trail.

It was a real 'eye opener' for me.
I've been to Haji Lane many times, and walked the streets surrounding it many times.
But, I never knew that that area was part of Kampong Glam.
I always had this impression that Kampong Glam was somewhere in Paya Lebar, Gayleng Serai area.
So, imagine my shock when I realized that I've actually been to Kampong Glam many times without knowing!
Haha... and I call myself a Singaporean!


I enjoyed going on the trail, exploring the different landmarks and what I enjoyed the most was museum at the Malay Heritage Center aka Istana Kampong Glam.
Allowing free entry into the Malay Heritage Center was a treat for me! hehe... I always enjoyed going to Museums, especially if it's free! *typical cheapo Singaporean!*
If only I knew of this place earlier and knew of the abundant information it contained, especially on P. M. Ramly and the Malay film industry in Singapore, I would have visited it last semester while I was doing the module on History as Film.
Such a pity that photography was not allowed in the museum, but I'll definitely going back for a 2nd visit.

Trying out the Nasi Briyani at the famous Zam Zam was a first for me! I'm not a big fan of Nasi Briyani, and sad to say, after the all time favourite Zam Zam Briyani I'm still not a big fan of it. But I must say, the fellowship around the table during lunch was enjoyable and it was interesting to hear everyone sharing something about their life, especially Fadilah's teaching experience!

But I must say, the Kampong Glam trail is also a very nice place to visit for those who are into photography. The buildings and its architectural concepts are photo-worthy moments to capture, especially when we are living in an ever-changing pace. You'll never know how long those buildings will last, one classic case, the Loy Lee Hin Blacksmith.

To end my reflections, I'll leave you 'artistic' pictures of the different places we been to along the trail, imagine what it will look like in the past... in b&w photos....Enjoy..































No comments:

Post a Comment